Now that we’re inching that much closer to the New Year, I thought I’d share some great experiences and changes I’ve made throughout 2016. I’m not saying that I’ve perfected my fitness routines or completely eliminated all sweets and desserts. A healthy lifestyle is different for everybody, and I’m definitely still learning but here are several habits that have greatly improved my health in 2016.
- Meal prep on weekdays
- Eating out on weekends, but still getting enough greens & protein in each meal
- Snacking on fruit, nuts or yoghurt in between meals
- Eating 3 – 4 types of vegetables for lunch and dinner
- Enjoying something sweet for breakfast, usually peanut butter & banana on toast or oatmeal
- Drinking at least 4 litres of water every day, plus 1 -2 litres after working out
- Switching coffee for tea (chai and matcha latte are my saviours)
- Signed up for free workout sessions (I’ve been lucky to participate in several this year)
- Strength training (either with Bodytone or at home) 2 – 3 times weekly
- HIIT 2 – 3 times weekly
- Hot Pilates 2 times weekly
- 1 rest day (which I spend getting a massage and/or facial)
- August – 10km marathon by Standard Chartered KL
- November – 2-hour Zumba Festival by SCORE Fitness
Next year, I’ll be focusing a lot more on my strength and flexibility, so I’ll be practicing yoga and lifting heavier weights consistently. There’s no set plan yet as I want to enjoy my holiday as much as possible, but I’ll get back on track in January. Here’s to more great adventures in 2017!